These days it’s not about what you’re reading in social media, but rather what you’ve viewed. Visual media has taken the world by storm, and it’s more than likely you’ve experienced this firsthand yourself. The internet is filled in visual content, and if there were ever a time to begin to make the most of this enormous opportunity, it’s now! Facebook reports that photos generate 53 percent more likes than the average text post. Pinterest has become the 4th largest traffic driver online, and YouTube sees more than 4 billion views daily. Need any more convincing?
Let’s take a look at 5 easy ways to enrich your content with visual media
- Use photo sharing sites to exhibit your products! – Sites such as Pinterest, Instagram and Flickr can deliver tons of traffic, along with valuable social signals and links to your pages. You can expect the same and more from posting to Facebook, Google+ and Tumblr.
- Create videos – If you haven’t started to make videos for your brand yet, don’t wait a moment longer! There aren’t any real technical barriers to online video, so there goes that excuse! YouTube alone could wind up becoming your largest traffic source, and there are lots of additional choices to choose from as well, such as Twitter’s Vine, Instagram and more.
- Create Infographics – A sharable infographic is among the better varieties of new content out there, blending interesting visuals with text and facts. These frequently get shared near and far!
- Make your own visual media – Creating memes and other original content will typically stand a better chance of going viral, as they are unique and brand specific.
- Crowdsource your visuals! – Get your fans involved by holding contests, promotions and events that they can contribute visual content to your brand. This could easily go viral, and get shared all over!
Content is now largely visual, and this shows no signs off changing in the near future. Tell your brand’s story with visual media and go where the people are!