Location based marketing services including FourSquare, Yelp and others have combined with mobile devices to seriously change the way your customer discovers and interacts with your business. The quantity of information and trust these sites share has supplied consumers a real help when deciding on where to shop, eat or go. How can you as a small business owner make the most of location based marketing in your business?
Here are 7 tips to help you cash in on location based marketing!
- Ensure that your local listings are correct – It should go without saying, but it doesn’t, so here goes. Make certain that your listings in Google+ Local, Yelp, FourSquare and any other service or listings you have are correct with regards to name, address, phone, maps and anything else you want to convey.
- Mobile responsive website design is crucial – Since progressively more users are accessing your site through a mobile device, it’s more critical than ever before to have a mobile version of your site that renders perfectly.
- Pushing and pulling – There are two ways to reach consumers: you can push ads out to those who are in your area, as well as being available to those who are trying to discover someone just like you where they are!
- Local reviews can make a difference – The majority of shoppers are making local purchasing decisions based upon reviews they read. It’s still a good idea to encourage and reward reviews of your business, as this could be the swing vote!
- Offer incentives – This is an easy way to leapfrog the competition when the choices aren’t so clear-cut.
- Be responsive to reviews and social media – Don’t neglect to keep up with your social media, especially reviews. People notice!
- Offer deals for Mobile wallets – Here’s a new one: offer deals to consumers who are choosing to use their mobile wallets, such as through Google Wallet, Passbook or others. You will very likely skin your competition with this one!