While it’s altogether more stimulating to concentrate on our online efforts with regards to local marketing, offline marketing has been doing the yeoman’s job for several eons, and you would be careless if you abandoned it like old bread. Many methods are still effective, and can bring a more targeted result locally than a lot of your online initiatives.
5 Offline marketing tactics that still work just fine!
- An attractive business card – A business owner without a business card is like a ship without a rudder. It is directionless, and inevitably will show off as unprofessional. Business cards are still a valuable tool, and you should make it your business to have great card available all the time!
- Promotional items – This can run the gamut from a basic printed brochure, flyers, coffee mugs, t-shirts or any ting else you can envision that will cleverly advertise your business. Who doesn’t like free stuff?
- Local events and meetings – Being present and helpful at local community events and gatherings is a simple way to get your business’ name noticed in a good way. You’ll meet other business people who may be willing or able to work well together with you, in addition to doing some good in your local area.
- Sponsor a local team or organization – Sponsoring a local youth sports team or any other organization in need of help is a great source of advertising, goodwill and reach within your community.
- Start a local business network – Assuming there isn’t already one you are a part of, you can take advantage of this lack by making one. If you have one around, join it and jump in. This is a fantastic way to make local contacts that are ready and willing to help one another’s business with referrals and joint ventures.
Offline marketing is still a viable source of leads and revenue. Ignore it at your own peril!