Making a gorgeous landing page is no longer a task for the dark arts of the web designers. Nowadays using one of the easy available landing page creators, which can be drop dead easy to use, you could have a professional-looking page done in minutes.
But what happens if you want it to actually convert customers into sales or other actions? That’s somewhat more involved, and has a few indispensable steps connected to it. Let’s see what goes into a highly converting landing page.
6 Ways to convert visitors to your landing pages
- A killer headline – You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and this is the element your visitor sees first. You need to make this headline not just get them to read on, but also understand that they need to take action on this offer.
- Use compelling images and videos – There’s no doubt about it: videos on your landing pages convert far better than those without, so don’t ignore this!
- Emphasize the benefits – People want to know what it will do for them, not what it will do. See the difference? Make liberal use of bullet points to point out this, as opposed to a long block of text.
- Use a clear call to action – If you tell people in no uncertain terms exactly what you want them to do next, you’ll find that much more of the time they will do it. Don’t be shy about this. Also you’ll want to make your buy or download buttons stand out from the rest of the page, using color and persuasive text.
- Use customer testimonials – Using terrific testimonials from previous customers is a great way to use social proof to make it easier for people to click that button. You don’t need a ton of them either; one or two will do.
- Employ scarcity – Like it or not, scarcity tactics work, and folks will click on your offer versus missing out, if you have done a good job telling them why they need this now! Word of caution however: be truthful. If you use false scarcity, they won’t trust you next time around.